How about a good conscience?
At present sustainability is the main characteristic of the modern construction industry.
Though a lot of general statements can be read regarding sustainable construction.
So, what does “sustainable construction” mean in direct relation to the SÄBU modular construction?
Sustainability considers the complete circle of life of a building from its construction over its use to its dismantling.
Only if bad economical or ecological influences are excluded during the circle of life of a building it is sustainable.
Is it possible to achieve these requirements with a building made from steel modules?
Looking at the latest building projects in Germany, it very quickly becomes clear, that at present only a few large scale projects with an enormous level of investment can be called sustainable.
In spite of a huge saving potential only little efforts and investments can be noticed in the sector of buildings up to 5 stores. Buildings with low energy standards according to EnEV represent the typical case. Only sometimes a reduction beyond the legal regulations is being required.
To answer the question: yes, we can build sustainable buildings.
Each customers decides about the degree of sustainability himself. Comparing the potential of the steel modular construction to conventional construction methods or analysing different ways of saving potential for a reduction of emission or energy, the complexity of the subject “sustainable construction”, as well as some advantages of the modular construction becomes clear.
On the long sight energy-efficient construction includes some aspects, which come naturally to SÄBU modular construction.
- optimized and precise prefabrication of the modules at the factory,
- reduction of waste and material feed (=less raw material consumption)
- prevention of sound emission on construction sites
- improved ability to adaption of buildings in its circle of life
- unlimited flexibility and application potential due to the self-supporting modules
- extensions without loss of substance
- surface efficiency due to an optimized slim wall construction
- reduced construction phase due to fast time of erection
- low level of operating costs due to low maintenance requirements of the supporting structure
- shortened dismantling phase and simplified recycling process due to easy decomposability of the modules
- perfect configuration for a cosy/comfortable indoor atmosphere and the planning of self-sufficient energy systems by means of design freedom as to facades and technical equipment like ventilation and heating systems
YOU DECIDE. FOR YOUR GOOD CONSCIENCE.
SÄBU modular construction sustainably protects the
- natural resources
- economical values
- human health.